Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is teacher appreciation week.  Which means your child should give their teacher something to show how much they "appreciate" them.  Or, its another excuse for mom to get crafty, and also to say thank you for teaching my child.  I've talked to my teacher friends and they say its nice when they receive something, but they don't expect anything.  At least nothing extravagant, because lets face it, times are hard right now.  Lots of families live paycheck to paycheck with very little extra to get their child's teacher something expensive.  I for one cant afford a lot.  So I came up with something this time that was inexpensive but still fun.  The ideas are endless when choosing what to give their teachers.  

My daughter has two teachers, yes two.  I did gift baskets for Christmas.  Gourmet pasta, a jar of pasta sauce and a oil and seasonings packet for bread (which came with a nifty container to hold it).  I got it all from Aldi and it cost me like $10 a basket.  

This week I bought two cold ups from the dollar store, stuffed it with some tissue paper, threw in some jolly ranchers, a packet each of iced coffee and $5 gift card each to Starbucks.  Over all, each cup cost me under $7.  I already had the iced coffee in my pantry that I just bought.  There were three packets in the box so I threw one in each cup.  I searched online for cute sayings to put on top to say thanks and found: Thanks a "latte".  Cute, right!?! (I also had Zoe draw each teacher a pretty picture)


Final Product:

Super easy, and doesn't break the bank.

There are many ideas you can find on Pinterest for teacher gift ideas, plus sayings, and printable's!

Below are some cute ideas.

O-M-G this is so stinkin cute!  I cant wait until Zoe gets a little older, so I can do this for her teacher! 


This is another cute one!  I would probably put mine in a cute tea cup.  I'm always on the lookout for a nice vintage tea cups. 

one more.......

Who doesn't like smelly soups and lotions?!

Like I said the ideas are endless!

~Allie 

I found all these images and links on Pinterest (original source can be found thru the link below the picture) and edited my photos on picmonkey.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...