Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Summer Project

This is the first summer in our house.  We have free reign, to paint, plant...whatever we would like to do.  I haven't done anything drastic to the house because, well I just cant afford.  But, the colors on the walls had to go!  I did not like them one bit.  The only rooms that aren't this pink color are the bathroom and kitchen.  So, this summer I decided to change it.  I painted the hallway, living room and dining room. I did it mostly on my own.  A friend helped with the living room and then my hubbie helped with the living room.  Thank goodness he did because I was so over painting.  I did it all over a 3 week span, I should have just done it all in three days because that is how long it took me to get all three rooms done, so instead I did it over three weeks.  

This living room is by by far my favorite.  They are still a work in progress  but I love the color and its nice to finally have things hung up on the wall!  

 Before:

This would be my before picture.  The ugly color on the walls and the white shelves. 

After:

Hard to tell the color, its a pale yellow.  The main colors in the living room are yellow, turquoise, brown, black and red. 

The tv is my next project.  I purchased a dresser that I am going to convert into a tv stand.  So I can hid all our movies.  I hate having them in the open and on display.  Also, I bought some pretty curtains but the hubbie has yet to put them up for me.

Process:




I absolutely love this color! 

On to the dining room.

Before:

This was at my moms birthday party.  50's diner themed.  Notice how there is nothing on the walls.  Now I have things hanging!  The colors in this room are a light wood, white and gold.

After:

 I am in the process of finding a hutch!  Not easy, since I am picky and only shopping thrift stores.  I don't want to spend a fortune when I am going to strip it and paint it white.  I need something to display all my milk glass! 


This wall makes me happy.  I am constantly on the look out for silver platters. I got these two at a warehouse sale for pennies.  Literally.  Its a work in progress, but I think its fitting hanging platters in the dining room. Hehe. 

I should take more pictures, I store my books in this room, but its a work in progress.

Next on the agenda is our bedrooms!  

Anyone do some redecorating this summer?

~Ally  


1 comment:

  1. Looking great! You know I love to paint so you could call me to come over and help!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...