Monday, May 18, 2015

Greek Pasta

Who loves greek salad?  Me! I do!  I saw someone make it as a pasta, but I changed it up a bit.  

For one, I'm not a big fan of red onions, so I omitted them.  Two, I use actual greek dressing (you can find it on the dressings aisle in your local grocery).  Lastly, I add chicken to mine. 

Its nice and light, pair it with some bread for a quick dinner, or add it to your picnic basket for those family picnics during the summer.



Greek Pasta
12 oz- 16 oz. bowtie pasta.
1 bottle greek dressing (don't have ounces, sorry)
1-4 roma tomatoes diced (pull pulp and seeds out before dicing)
1 cucumber, peeled or not peeled you decide, seeds taken out
1/2 red onion (I don't do this)
1/4-1/2 c. kalamata olives (I like the saltiness so I throw a bunch in there, pitted and sliced in half)
small container of feta cheese
2-3 chicken breasts
salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Cook your pasta until al dente (don't forget to salt your pasta water).

Season both sides of your chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Heat oil in a medium sized skillet on medium heat and add your chicken breasts.  Cook on each side 5-6 minutes.  Remove and place on cutting board.

Drain pasta when done and add ingredients dressing through feta cheese.

Toss well. 

Cut chicken how ever you would like and top on pasta. 



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...