Friday, May 23, 2014

Easy recipe for leftovers

I was lucky and got Saturday night off with the family, so I made a big dinner.  Chicken and eggplant parm, with meat sauce and spaghetti.  Well, we had lots left over.  I don't mix the sauce with the pasta because when my daughter turned two she decided to not like sauce on it anymore.  So, I can only butter her pasta.  Anywho, I decided to make something from those left overs so they don't go to waste. 

SPAGHETTI PIE!

It was sooooo good!  


Look at that melted cheesy goodness!!!!


I used up most of my left over pasta, all of my meat sauce and added some ricotta cheese.  I love me some ricotta cheese!  You can use cottage cheese if you prefer that, but I am not a fan of cottage cheese. I can eat ricotta out of the tub, its so yummy.  You know what else is good with ricotta?  If you mix fruit with it (like you would do with cottage cheese)  It was a ww snack I would have.  


Recipe for Spaghetti pie:

left over pasta (I did not measure mine, I just eyeballed how much would fit in a pie pan)
tomato sauce, about 1-1 1/2 cups
1 c. ricotta
1/2 c. parm cheese
2 eggs (beat before adding to the pasta, lesson learned)
salt and pepper
2 T. mayo
1-1 1/2 c. italian blend cheese (or shredded mozz)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.

2.Mix your leftover spaghetti with the two eggs, parm cheese, mayo and salt and pepper.  Pour into a greased pie plate.  

3. Top spaghetti with your ricotta.  Then top with sauce.  

4.  Now you can either top with your cheese and bake, or bake and then add your cheese and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.  I added my cheese then baked it.  (I was hungry!)

5. Pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes.  Keep an eye on it so the cheese doesn't get burnt.  Let sit before cutting into it.  

6. Lastly, ENJOY!

This really was yummy, I just had some for breakfast........

~Allie 

1 comment:

  1. Love spaghetti pie! Too bad I don't like the GF noodles :(

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...