Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yummy Pot Roast

This is my absolute favorite pot roast recipe.  I have been using it for years, so I don't remember the source.  Some magazine.  I use the crock pot, so all I had to do was make my sides and dinner was done! 

Allie's Favorite Pot Roast

bottom roast (I used a roast a little over 2 lbs.)
2 cans of cream of whatever soup (I used celery and mushroom)
packet of Lipton's onion soup
carrots
potatoes
onions
salt and pepper

Throw the soup and Lipton's soup mix in the crock pot and mix.  Add potatoes, onions, carrots (chop however you like).  Now I also salt my roast on both sides and then throw it it.  I turn it around so it gets covered in the "gravy".  Put on low for 6-8 hours.  After its done its so tender you can just shred it and then your gravy is already done. 



For dinner I made buttered noodles for it.  Or you could make mashed potatoes, whatever you like!

Now for my side, this I found on pinterest and it smelled delicious!  It tasted delicious!  This one is def. a keeper!

Found over at kalyns kitchen.

Cheesy Zucchini and Squash

2 zucchini
2 yellow squash
2 T. fresh basil, chopped.
1 t. fresh thyme
2 green onion stalks, chopped
salt and pepper
garlic powder
1/2 c. white cheese + 1/2 c. white cheese (for topping)
1/2 c. parm cheese

Mix all together, except 1/2 c. cheese for topping.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  After the 25-30 minutes add the rest of the cheese and pop back in the oven for another 10 minutes, or until browned. 

So quick and easy and yummy!


Anyone making anything new for dinner??





1 comment:

  1. yum i will definitely make this pot roast soon. Matter of fact i have a roast in the freezer waiting just for this recipe lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...