Monday, June 17, 2013

Eclair Cake

This weekend I went to a friends house for a BBQ, what a perfect time to make this Eclair cake I found on Pinterest!

Its super easy.  Original recipe here

It is a no bake, yummy cake.  Seriously, go and make it. 

My pictures are not good.  They certainly didnt come out as nice as the original post about them from the lady that made this cake.  Mine came out mushy, but its ok.  It didnt hinder the taste at all.  

I did make an adjustment to mine.  

The original recipe called for cocoa powder, sugar and butter.  I did that, and it came out like this.


Too thin, sticky and got all in the cake.  So I made a ganache for it the day of the party.

Eclair Cake

Big box of instant vanilla pudding
3 c. milk
1 tub of cool whip
1 box of honey graham crackers (I used honey, Im sure cinnamon would taste good as well)
1 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c. heavy cream

Mix milk and puddin, when that is set, fold in the cool whip.  
Layer crackers first and then add some of the puddin. (have you ever seen Corina, Corina?  Where he is creating the jingle for puddin???  and leaves out the g?) 
Layer more crackers on top of that.
Make another layer of puddin.
Top with crackers and then top with ganache. 
Put in fridge for 24 hours to "set".

Ganache:  over boiling water in a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream until nice and shiny (stirring constantly).  I didn't use all of my ganache on the cake.  I had a little tiny bit left over that I scooped up and ate.  Don't judge :) 


Not the best pic, sorry had the hubs do it.  He doesn't understand close ups.  

Make it for your next BBQ, it wont disappoint!

Anyone have any no bake desserts??

~Allie 



1 comment:

  1. My mom has been making this for YEARS! In fact Kevin (Shannon's hubby) and everyone else in the fam always request it. She uses plain ol' chocolate frosting for the top. I love how everything mushes together overnight. It's oh so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...