Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Asian Beef with Snow Peas

I found a new recipe I just had to try out.  We love our chinese food in this household, but going to buffets was bad for our wallets and our waistlines! ha.  So when I saw this I thought, I have to make this! It was super easy and I could finally use my wok, I have been caring around for years, just never used.  My first asian dish was a success!


I even measured everything out because that is what you do on weight watchers.  1 cup of brown rice= 5 points.  3 oz. steak= 3 points, brown sugar= 0 points, soy sauce= 0 points

I figure 8 points for this dish.

I got this recipe from an exert of my better home and gardens magazine from all recipes.  They are advertising for their new magazine.  I like it because it gives the original recipe, but then tells you what they did differently and what users did differently as well.  

So I doubled up my sauce and finished it off with sesame oil. 

Asian Beef and Snow Peas

1 1/2 lbs beef round steak (I bought the stir fry beef in the meat section)
1 c. snow peas (I just used a generous handful from the fruit stand)
6 T. soy sauce
4 T. rice vinegar
2 T. brown sugar 
2 t. cornstarch
1 T. veggie oil
1 T. minced fresh garlic
1 T. minced fresh ginger

Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside. (Those measurements are for double the sauce)
Head oil in wok and add garlic and ginger, stir fry for 30 seconds.  
Add beef to wok and stir fry for 2 minutes, or until evenly browned.
Add snow peas and stir fry for 3 minutes longer. 
Add soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Lower heat and simmer until thick, about 1 minute.  

I served it over 1 cup of brown rice and some spoonfuls of sauce over it, then sprinkled the beef and snow peas with some sesame oil.  It was yummy!  Next time I make it, I will marinate the steak for a couple hours.  

Any one else have some yummy, easy asian recipes??

~Allie 

**I put this in the recipe builder from weight watchers and for four servings it was 7 points, but I took the meat out and measured it at 3 oz.  If you were to take the entire dish and serve it up as 1 cup then I believe it would be 7 points, that includes a lot of sauce, more then 3 oz of beef and snow peas.  I will count it as 7 (plus the 5 from the rice) because I still need points for the day! 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!!! I made a shrimp stir fry out of the ww cook book. I followed the recipe and just changed it a little. It was yummy!! Let me know it you want me to send it your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so good! Even though I don't eat beef anymore. Maybe chicken will work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/16/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...