Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lazy Man Pancakes

Have you ever heard of the lazy man's pancake??  Dutch Babies??  Yeah, neither have I.  Until I found the world of blogging and all the wonderful recipes that come with it!  I found this one and just had to try it out.  Its one big "pancake" and I didn't have to heat up my griddle and dirty ten million different dishes.  Score!  The first time I made it, I put bananas in it.  It was ok, but I am one for color and when everything is the same color I can't stand it!  So the second time I made it was this morning and I had some blueberries left over.  Figured I have to do something with them, there weren't that many to make jam, so in comes dutch babies.  It's super easy and yummy.  Nothing fancy tho, quick thing to put together for breakfast when you are too tired to make a big spread.  


I love how it comes out so puffy, right out of the oven.  It doesn't stay like that tho :(  it falls.  But still is pretty cool to look at.  I like to let it sit for a bit, so the flavors blend.  You can even top it with some powdered sugar. 


1/4 c. butter (unsalted)
2/3 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1 c. milk
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs, beaten
any fruit ( I think berries work best)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Put butter in glass pie dish and set in oven so it melts.  ( I use less butter, like half of that.)
Mix together milk, flour, sugar, salt and eggs. 
Once the butter is melted add the mixture to the pie plate, then add your handful of fruit.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes and that's all she wrote!

Enjoy!  The original recipe can be found here!

*Allie
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so gonna make this soon. sounds easy to make and looks Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...