Thursday, September 15, 2011

Homemade Peanutbutter Cups

Yesterday was my dads birthday.  I never know what to get him.  You know those types, that go out and buy everything that want or need, so then when their birthday and holidays come about, you are totally clueless.  Well I talked to his girlfriend and shes like no sweets.  He is on a diet.  Well then she was like, we are having subs and chips and ice cream cake for his birthday dinner.  I thought to myself, well that's not diet! 

Then a light bulb went off, I found a recipe for some homemade peanut butter cups awhile back from pinterest and bought the ingredients to make them, just never made them.  Now my dad loves Reese's peanut butter cups, so I set to work!  Original recipe found at sweetest kitchen

So all you have to do is take 1 1/2 c. of semi-sweet chocolate.  I used the mini ones and then used some big ones to make up the last 1/2 c.  Add 2 T. peanut butter to it and a pinch of salt.  Put on low, very low and stir.  Stir forever!  My hand was hurting ha ha.
but then you end up with that, so its worth it.  So you get your cupcake sheet and line it with liners.  Add 2t. of the chocolate to each cup and spread it around and up the edges a little bit.
Put this in the fridge for 20 minutes.  I put mine in the freezer.  While you are waiting for it to harden make your PB mixture.  3/4c. PB, 1/3 c. brown sugar and a pinch of salt.  Now add a heaping tablespoon of the PB mixture to the top of your harden chocolate.  Put it back in the freezer.  (its a process)

Yum! I love peanut butter!  So after it hardens, work quickly.  I let mine sit for awhile while I made the container to put them in and it melted so it was hard to spread the chocolate on top.  whoops.  So add 2t. chocolate to top of PB and then back in the freezer to harden.  Once its all done and hard take the paper cups off.....
I think they look better then the store bought!
Some came out funky so...
I had to eat it, and it was delish!
So ever since I found pinterest, I am a saver off all things, tp rolls, tin cans, glass jars......you name it, its in my top cabinet above the stove.  So I had this espresso can from work that I decided to use.  Cept I couldn't leave it saying decaf espresso, so out came the scrapbook paper and modge podge!
 

and present is complete!  It held about 8, which is good because the last 4 were funky monkeys. 

Happy Thursday!



*Allie




2 comments:

  1. They looks so good! I'll have to make these for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I am a PB cup fan but I love that you made them homemade for your daddy :) The tin is such a perfect way to package it too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...