Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm dreaming of cooler weather......

Living in the state of Florida when the rest of the U.S. is breaking out their nice warm sweaters, jeans, scarves....gloves...us in Florida are still wearing sleeveless shirts, shorts and flip-flops.  It's the middle of September!  I'm dying to have some chill in the air, that lasts all day long.  I want humidity gone and to stop sweating when I'm buckling my daughter into her car seat.  So until that happens, a girl can dream. 

I made one of my most favorite soups of all times.  Its yummy and just fantastic!  A little different from your mom's homemade chicken noodle soup.  No chopping veggies, actually there are no veggies involved.  Don't get me wrong, I love veggies.  When I first had this soup my aunt made it and put raw carrots and celery with some ranch dip on the table with the soup.  So we can still get our veggie fix.  I'm not a big fan of cooked carrots so that turned out great!

Here is my super easy, super creamy, delicious chicken noodle soup minus the veggies :)

I know its not eye pleasing, I should've added some parsley.  But who keeps parsley lying around all the time?  This soup is a comfort food, I couldn't wait to gobble it up. 

recipe is as follows
12 c. water
8 bouillon cubes
4 c. egg wide noodles
3 c. diced chicken (I just boil my chicken breasts)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream

Bring water and cubes to a slight boil, enough so they melt the cubes.  Then add the noodles, you don't want to bring it to a roaring boil because the water is going to evaporate and you don't want that to happen.  Add your chicken so it heats up nice and good.  Then add your 2 cans of soup and stir, let that heat up for a bit so the soup blends well.  When that is done just add your sour cream and let that melt as well.  You can use a whisk, but I just let it sit for a bit and melt all together.  Its so yummy, I even have orders from my mom for some bowls for her! 

Here's to wishing for cool weather.....maybe now I'll make some pumpkin bread...yum.


*Allie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...