Monday, September 5, 2011

Crayon Art

I got so excited when I made this I had to rush on here and post it.  I have been seeing all kinds of pins on pinterest of these crayon art on canvas, so I decided I was going to try it out and hang it over Zoe's big girl bed.  First off I pick up boxes of crayons whenever I go out.  There is something about a new box of crayons that excite me for some reason.  I get Zoe some as well, but I save some boxes for myself.  They are only .40cents.  You cant beat that price.  Then I splurged and bought the box of 64 crayons to get a bigger variety of pinks, purples and greens.  I'm glad I did.  I then went to Joannes fabrics today because I had a gift card and a coupon, and they were havin a big sale.  BONUS!  I got a 3 pack of 11x14 art canvas for 50% off.  So I paid $12.50 for all three.  Not bad considering I was going to glue crayons on it and melt them.  Those canvas' can get pretty expensive.

This craft idea was put on my  dreaming...post, so you can see the original.  I choose to use a variety of three colors.  This is going in my daughters room, which is mainly decorated in pink and green.  So I choose pinks, purples and greens.
(so I was introduced to picnik, which is an awesome photo site.  I decided to play around with my photos for this post)

 I then lined up my colors and hot glued them.  They didnt come out perfect, but this was my first attempt and it's for a 2 year old so its all good.

This was the fun part, it did splatter tho.  So if you attempt this at home make sure you clear a big enough space and put lots of newspaper down (none of which I had...go figure)
TA-DA!
I think it came out cute.  Next time I'm going to do primary colors.

HAPPY LABOR DAY!  Hope everyone had a very relaxing day :)

*Allie 


2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! What did Zoe think when she seen it today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/06/2011

    she actually really liked it lol. thought she would be mad about taking "her" crayons. she did say, ok where is my coloring book lol. I was like no baby I am going to hang this over your bed. then she lost interest. at least it occupied me for a bit haha

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...