Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mini Cupcake kind of day

I am in cupcake mode for some reason.  Anything bite size really.  Just pop in your mouth and go.  The only bad thing with that is one is just not enough.  Five may be enough but not really five turns into ten and then so on.....I found this recipe a few days ago and went out and bought sour cream because it was the only ingredient I was missing.  I made pound cake mini cupcakes. 





The recipe is as follows
1/2 c. butter, soft
4 oz. cream cheese, soft
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
3 c. all purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
Add sugar, keep mixing.  Add one egg at a time until incorporated.  Stir in vanilla.  Mix together dry ingredients and add in intervals to egg mixture.  add the sour cream.  This will come out doughy when  you are done. 
Add a rounded tablespoon to your mini cupcake tins.  Mine came out all sorts of sizes because I was just throwing it in.  So some were smaller, some were bigger.  They still tasted delicious.  Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.  (side note: if you don't use cupcake liners, they bake faster then ones in liners...heads up, I lost a few cupcakes).

You can make any frosting you want, I used a chocolate frosting because I didn't have enough powdered sugar to do a butter cream.

Chocolate frosting:
1/2 c. butter, soft
2 1/4 conf. sugar
3/4 c. baking cocoa
1/4 t. vanilla extract
1/4 c.- 1/2 c. milk

cream butter until fluffy, add sugar a little at a time, then add cocoa and vanilla.  mix until incorporated.  Add milk little by little, until it is at the spreading consistency you like.

I love this chocolate frosting recipe, but I think it over powered the cupcakes.  Next time I would do something simple, or even leave them plain they were that good!

This is where you can get the original recipe for the cupcakes lets dish recipes. 

Enjoy!

*Allie 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...