Tuesday, August 2, 2011

National Cheesecake Day

Did you know that July 30th is National Cheesecake day?  It is!  I know I should post something about cheesecake but the truth of the matter is...I work with cheesecake 5 days a week.  And July 30th is one of our busiest days, that and mothers day.  So I kinda get sick of cheesecake, that and I am a perfectionist when I bake and cheesecakes are a pain in the butt.  I'm not gonna lie.  If I get a crack, I'll throw the whole thing out.  Stupid, I know but I have done it before when something doesn't turn out my way!  You know the phrase "It's my way or the highway"?  Yeah that is my mantra. haha. 

I know I am a few days late in posting this, but weekends get busy and I get tired :(.  So instead of making a cheesecake I tried out two new recipes.  I made carrot cake muffins and a cookies and creme brownie.  I also had homemade peanut butter cups slated for the lineup but I got too tired.  (those will be made probably today).  I made them to bring into work to feed all my coworkers.  It was supposed to be super busy so I didn't want everyone to get tired and grumpy, so what better way then to put some sugar into them!



These came out delish, not overly sweet, but there was flavor.  I doubled the recipe so that I could have some extra to keep at home.  Original recipe can be found at kingarthurflour.
I sprayed my cupcake liners and the muffins came out great, I think I will do that from now on when using cupcake liners.  If you can't find the pretty white sugar they used (I could not) you can use sugar in the raw.  Its all sugar, I used some gold decorative sugar I found.  Sugar in the raw would probably be cheaper.  If give its a nice sweet crunch at the top.  And if you are like me, you go to two grocery stores trying to find pretty sugar and end up paying $3 for a small bottle, just go to Ross! I went yesterday and found the exact same thing, but in a bigger bottle and $.50 cheaper!  Ha, go figure. It was in white, blue and gold!  I think I'll go back when I get paid and store them for later use!



Cookies and Creme Brownie.  Original recipe can be found at fahrenheit350.
So mine came out more like a cake then a brownie.  When I first saw this pin on pinterest I thought maybe it was a chocolate torte of some kind.  I don't know why mine came out blonde, when the websites came out chocolate.  I followed it to a tee.  Or at least I'm pretty sure I did.  Everyone at work loved it.  I am not a big fan of sweets.  I am a baker, mainly I because I like having to follow a specific recipe and decorating, but I am not big on chocolate and the chocolate on top of this was a lot.  

Now if you like chocolate and pretzels and peanut butter then I suggest this recipe.  I can eat one and be satisfied for sweets for a month.  Everyone and I mean EVERYONE (except my daughter) loved these cupcakes.  You can get the original recipe at didsomeonesaypartysite.  I made them for my dad at fathers day and they were delish, I just had to share them.  Fits in with the sweets theme.  I have a few mods tho to the recipe.


I think all sweets should be made from scratch. or at least semi homemade.  It tastes so much better! 

*Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...