Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Total Fail

So this morning I found an interesting recipe with potatoes and eggs.  Yum right, who doesn't like potatoes and eggs?? I think we eat a lot of eggs but who cares, it has nutrients we need!  So tonight I tried it out, and was really hungry and really looking forward to runny, yummy egg yolks on my potato and ham and cheese.  So after Zoe went to bed I got to working.  It took a few minutes to make, but I was soooo hungry.  I quickly pulped my sorry tiny looking potatoes and chopped up my ham (which was really tasty) and threw the ham and cheese and some butter, salt and pepper in the hole of my potato.  Then i cracked an egg in it and one egg did not stay in.  So I topped it with cheese anyway.  The recipe said to bake it at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until egg whites are set.  OK done, now on to the pulp from the potato, I added more cheese to it, salt and pepper and ham.  Then I added an egg and mixed it up. Threw it in my muffin pan and threw it in the oven.  Yeah I totally forgot to spray everything! 
 Here are the puffs, that forgot to spray so they stuck like a mother and came out in pieces.  Still yummy.
 See right there in the middle??? That would be the egg not in the potato! and egg whites all over! ugh!
Ok now to top it off, the yummy yolky runiness?? nope.  It cooked all the way thru!  Wth, I will try this again and leave it in for a shorter time, I baked it for 20 minutes.  They still taste yummy, I ate them both.  I should have saved one for the hubbie but I was hungry and now I am too full to finish the rest....eh oh well, he can eat it when I make it again and it turns out right!

You can find the original recipe here at home cooking in montana.  I must say hers are much, much prettier then mine :)

*Allie 

2 comments:

  1. I bet they are so yummy! and the site you got them from made me smile :) I'm gonna check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/04/2011

    I so thought of you when I found that blog melissa!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...